On February 5, 2015, the State Board of Education will release the annual School Report Cards. School Report Cards have been provided for parents and communities since 2002. Report Card data will be available for each school, for each school district, and for the state’s education system as a whole. For the first time, schools will be assigned a letter grade AF to reflect overall student academic achievement and growth in the school. The letter grades are based on student proficiency (80%) and academic growth (20%). More... (pdf, 111 KB)
Kimberly Brennan - North Chatham Elementary
Morgan Brewer - Chatham Central High School
Carol (Lynn) Crankshaw - North Chatham Elementary
Elizabeth Deaton - Jordan-Matthews High School
JoAnna Massoth - Chatham Middle School
Heather McCrory - Jordan-Matthews High School
Leann Munoz - Perry Harrison School
Brenton Winston – Moncure School
These third graders demonstrated reading proficiency through one of the following state approved options:
- Passing the Beginning-of-Grade 3 English Language Arts/Reading assessment;
- Passing the End-of-Grade 3 English Language Arts/Reading assessment;
- Passing the retest of the End-of-Grade 3 English Language Arts/Reading assessment; passing the Read to Achieve Alternative Test;
- Passing an alternative assessment for reading; or
- Successfully completing the reading portfolio.
Specifically, sixty-two percent (62.9%) of CCS third graders passed on the Beginning-of-Grade or End-of Grade assessments. Additionally, four percent (4.23%) passed after summer reading camp; seven percent (7.74%) passed on an approved alternate assessment; nine percent (9.78%) were exempt based on an approved NC “Good Cause” exemption.