In front of Bennett School on Thursday morning, pumpkins masqueraded as literary characters. Each class and department designed a display to represent a favorite book. Students are writing stories about their pumpkins in support of one of the school improvement plan goals.
In the 2010 school year, Chatham County Schools utilized Race To the Top money to begin a focused SAT Prep Program. Teachers at each high school were trained by the Princeton Review and Princeton Review Materials were used (at no charge to students). Jordan-Matthews High School provides a SAT/ACT Prep course each semester and Chatham Central High School offers sessions to students with particular emphasis upon SAT math skills. Northwood High School has introduced a blended learning model for SAT Prep, Using videos prepared by the teacher followed by practice skill sessions for students. The district is working with Princeton Review and a Northwood teacher to create district-wide videos that could be used for SAT Prep at any school with any teacher. This is a unique partnership that Princeton Review says is unlike anything they have done before with other districts.
These third graders demonstrated reading proficiency through one of the following state approved options:
- Passing the Beginning-of-Grade 3 English Language Arts/Reading assessment;
- Passing the End-of-Grade 3 English Language Arts/Reading assessment;
- Passing the retest of the End-of-Grade 3 English Language Arts/Reading assessment; passing the Read to Achieve Alternative Test;
- Passing an alternative assessment for reading; or
- Successfully completing the reading portfolio.
Specifically, sixty-two percent (62.9%) of CCS third graders passed on the Beginning-of-Grade or End-of Grade assessments. Additionally, four percent (4.23%) passed after summer reading camp; seven percent (7.74%) passed on an approved alternate assessment; nine percent (9.78%) were exempt based on an approved NC “Good Cause” exemption.
Veterans Day, Tuesday, November 11, 2014
The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club
TIME: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00
LOCATION: Central Services South Conference Room
Jordan-Matthews High School Custodial House located at 910 East Cardinal Street, Siler City, NC 27344
Northwood High School Custodial House located 310 Northwood High School Road, Pittsboro, NC 27312
These houses are offered as is. It is the responsibility of bid winner to remove house from existing location at no expense to Chatham County Schools by January 31, 2015.
Bids must be placed on an official Chatham County Schools bid sheet and must be placed in a sealed envelope, plainly marked "Surplus Items Bid." Bid sheets may be picked up at the Chatham County Schools Administrative Offices at 369 West Street, Pittsboro, NC. The residential house appraisals are available upon request. Bids must be at the Chatham County Schools Administrative Offices before 10:00 am, Wednesday, November 19, 2014. The bid opening will be at 10:00 am, Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at the Administrative Office.
Chatham County Schools reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Contact Chris D. Blice at 919-542-3626 with any questions.
Chatham County Schools is requesting statements of qualifications for roofing design/engineering services and construction administration for the replacement and/or repair of existing school roofs.
- Horton Middle School
- Bennett School
- Chatham Central High School
- Perry Harrison Elementary School
- Siler City Elementary School
- Northwood High School
- Chatham County Schools - Central Services Building
- Pittsboro Elementary School
- North Chatham Elementary School
- Chatham County Schools – Maintenance Building
- Jordan-Matthews High School
The work elements include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Design and Engineering services
- Evaluation of existing conditions
- Developing budgets and schedules
- Construction administration and inspections.
- Complete project planning and coordination.